Washington Commanders @ Philadelphia Eagles
Current Records: Washington 2-1, Philadelphia 3-0
How To Watch
- When: Sunday, October 1, 2023 at 1 p.m. ET
- Where: Lincoln Financial Field — Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- TV: FOX
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
What to Know
The Philadelphia Eagles will be playing at home against the Washington Commanders at 1:00 p.m. ET on Sunday at Lincoln Financial Field. The Eagles should still be feeling good after a big win, while the Commanders will be looking to get back into the win column.
Last Monday, the Eagles didn’t have too much trouble with the Buccaneers on the road as they won 25-11.
The Eagles relied on the efforts of Jalen Hurts, who threw for 277 yards and a touchdown, and D’Andre Swift, who rushed for 130 yards on only 16 carries. The Eagles also got help from A.J. Brown who showed off his sure hands for 131 receiving yards.
Meanwhile, after soaring to 35 points the game before, Washington faltered in their matchup on Sunday. They were pulverized by the Bills 37-3. The defeat only continues a disappointing trend for Washington: they’ve now lost three straight matchups with Buffalo.
The Eagles’ win on Monday bumped their record up to 3-0. Meanwhile, The Commanders’ defeat on Sunday dropped their record down to 2-1.
Looking ahead, the Eagles are the favorite in this one, as the experts expect to see them win by eight points. This contest will be their third straight as the favorites (a stretch that saw them go 2-1 against the spread).
Here’s a few offensive stats to keep an eye on ahead of Sunday’ game: The Eagles haven’t faced much difficulty moving down the field this season, having averaged 384.3 total yards per game. It’s a different story for the Commanders, though, as they’ve been averaging only 288.7 per game. Given the Eagles’ sizeable advantage in that area, the Commanders will need to limit their effectiveness. Check CBS Sports after the action for a full breakdown of the game and more NFL content.
Philadelphia is a big 8-point favorite against Washington, according to the latest NFL odds.
The over/under is set at 44 points.
Philadelphia has won 7 out of their last 10 games against Washington.
- Nov 14, 2022 – Washington 32 vs. Philadelphia 21
- Sep 25, 2022 – Philadelphia 24 vs. Washington 8
- Jan 02, 2022 – Philadelphia 20 vs. Washington 16
- Dec 21, 2021 – Philadelphia 27 vs. Washington 17
- Jan 03, 2021 – Washington 20 vs. Philadelphia 14
- Sep 13, 2020 – Washington 27 vs. Philadelphia 17
- Dec 15, 2019 – Philadelphia 37 vs. Washington 27
- Sep 08, 2019 – Philadelphia 32 vs. Washington 27
- Dec 30, 2018 – Philadelphia 24 vs. Washington 0
- Dec 03, 2018 – Philadelphia 28 vs. Washington 13